International round table “American Studies in Belarus and European cultural experience: prospects of development” took place on November, 3 in Minsk. Situation with American Studies in Belarus was analyzed, as well as ways and forms of using the American economic and cultural experience in our country taking into account European states was discussed.
According to the words of Liubou Uladykouskaya, General Director of Intercultural Dialogue Center, the uniqueness of the meeting is the fact that representatives of very different spheres (diplomats, heads of large Belarusian business-associations, entrepreneurs, academic and cultural elite, representatives of several religious confessions and other) had gathered at the round table.
Discussions revolved around the following questions:
- Culture of entrepreneurship in the USA as a source for development of socially responsible business;
- Achievements of Higher education of the USA as a catalyst of global educational system;
- European Studies in the USA;
- Current migration processes and American studies in Belarus;
- Belarusian-American religious contacts;
- American centers in Belarus and Belarusian-American cultural parallels;
- Cultural policy in national and international dimensions.
A decision to dedicate a separate seminar to each of these directions was made, and also it was agreed to prepare and to publish a special brochure to be presented in Belarus and in the USA after the thorough work of experts.
The round table was organized by Intercultural Dialogue Center with the support of the USA Embassy in the Republic of Belarus with the participation of Institute of Sociology of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Republican Confederation of Entrepreneurship and International Fund “Vitsebsk Golden Heritage”.