● to broaden the context of the intercultural dialogue as a modern universal value with a commitment to equality and diversity.
Main Areas of Activities:
● interdisciplinary research on intercultural dialogue and presentation of the results (publications, conferences, forums, seminars, exhibitions, etc.);
● dissemination of the intercultural dialogue values through information and educational activities;
● preparing research texts on intercultural dialogue in English and Belarusian;
● developing new courses syllabus on intercultural dialogue;
● conducting research «America through the eyes of Belarusians» (English, a final part);
● promotion the Belarusian-American dialogue development.
Main Research Spheres:
● Belarusian, Post Soviet, and Eastern European Studies: Anthropology of Modern Belarus, Belarusian Security, Transformations in Culture and Identity, Collective Memory and Violence, Fifth Columns.
● American Studies: USA as a Global Actor, USA – Eastern Europe, American Dream, American Multiculturalism, American Ethnic Studies, Pacific History, Social and Cultural Organization.
● Anthropology: Anthropology of Development, Comparative Religion, Global Christianity, Intercultural Dialogue, Social and Cultural Transformation, Culture and Rights, the Culture Concepts, Identities, Global Futures, Anthropological Perspectives on Ethnicity, Political Anthropology and Social Change, Cultural Aspects of International Development, Cultural Diversity, Ethnic Politics and Nationalism in Multi-Ethnic Societies.
● Global Dimension: Geopolitics, World Politics, European Union as a Global Actor, Nations and States in the Modern World, History of Ideas.